[PVE-User] vlan setup at time of host installation

Stefan Radman stefan.radman at me.com
Sun Jul 16 16:59:25 CEST 2023

Hi Timo

See https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge <https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge>
3.3.4. Default Configuration using a Bridge <https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge>
The installation program creates a single bridge named vmbr0, which is connected to the first Ethernet card.

The Proxmox VE installer does not support vlan tagging during the installation.
At time of installation all traffic is untagged.

Once you have access to the management GUI (through the management IP address provided during installation) you can complete the network configuration and configure VLAN tagging.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#sysadmin_network_vlan <https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-sysadmin.html#sysadmin_network_vlan>
Select node > Network > Create > Linux VLAN

Stefan