[PVE-User] vlan setup at time of host installation

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Sun Jul 16 08:21:13 CEST 2023

Hi Timo,

I never searched if the installer offers a way to configure vlans. I
just used the installer to get a basic system installed so I can access
the system by some ip:8006.

Then I manually configured /etc/network/interfaces adding bonds and
vlans as needed (see man5 interfaces, "ifupdown2"  pkg):

Add a interface bond:
iface bond0 inet manual
         bond-slaves enp33s0f0 enp33s0f2 #  network interfaces
         bond-miimon 100
         bond-mode 802.3ad
         bond-xmit-hash-policy layer3+4
         bond-miiomon 100
         bond-lacp-rate 1
         bond-min-links 1

and then vlans with or without ips based on the bond usable to reach the
host itself as well as usable for vms

auto vmbr3   # vlan3
iface vmbr3 inet manual
         bridge-ports bond0.3