[PVE-User] Shared SAN <> ZFS concept

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Aug 17 18:36:21 CEST 2022

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 07:39:22 +0200
Tonči Stipičević <tonci at suma-informatika.hr> wrote:

> Now I'm wandering is there any possibility to take advantage of this
> SAN storage in the "ZFS world"?    I'm afraid not , but still hoping
> ...   I really like feature zfs-storage-repl which means that VMs can
> be very quckly ready on another host/cluster (w/o need for
> backup/restore option)
>
> But, SAN storage by itself is already redundant though ...
>
> Thank very much in advance for your opinions/advices

You could look at the zfs-over-iscsi provided the SAN is cable of:
1) Using ZFS as filesystem
2) Exposing volumes as LUN's
3) Running SSHD

It is not a shareable filesystem like NFS but more like a disk for a
specific VM which can be accessed from a number of Proxmox nodes but
only allowing access from a specific Proxmox node at any given time.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.' -George Orwell

/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Not that I have anything much against redundancy.  But I said that
already. -- Larry Wall in <199702271735.JAA04048 at wall.org>