[PVE-User] Shared SAN <> ZFS concept

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Wed Aug 17 07:39:22 CEST 2022

Hello to all

a new customer of mine has shared san storage connected to two hosts
(XEN cluster at the moment). The plan is to migrate to Proxmox, but I'm
using mostly ZFS concept and HA clusters w/o shared (SAN) storage , and
my head point/feature  is ZFS storage replication .

Now I'm wandering is there any possibility to take advantage of this SAN
storage in the "ZFS world"?    I'm afraid not , but still hoping ...   I
really like feature zfs-storage-repl which means that VMs can be very
quckly ready on another host/cluster (w/o need for backup/restore option)

But, SAN storage by itself is already redundant though ...

Thank very much in advance for your opinions/advices

BR

Tonci

srdačan pozdrav / best regards

Tonči Stipičević, dipl. ing. elektr.
direktor / manager

SUMA Informatika d.o.o., Badalićeva 27, OIB 93926415263

Podrška / Upravljanje IT sustavima za male i srednje tvrtke
Small & Medium Business IT Support / Management

mob: 091 1234003
www.suma-informatika.hr