Proxmox CEPH and node outside the cluster it's possible?

José Manuel Giner jm at ginernet.com
Wed Dec 23 17:02:21 CET 2020

Hello,

we want to take the step to a distributed storage solution with CEPH.

However, after reviewing the documentation, it is not really clear to us
whether we can use a Proxmox CEPH cluster only as storage (without
hyperconvergence).

We want to have the virtual machines running on independent nodes.

Is this possible?

If so, should the nodes for creating virtual machines and the Proxmox
CEPH storage be in the same cluster?

Or is it possible for a non-clustered Proxmox node to add a Proxmox
storage CEPH that is on the same network?

Thank you for your information!

--
José Manuel Giner
https://ginernet.com