[PVE-User] 2node cluster

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 20 14:33:08 CEST 2018

On 6/20/18 2:22 PM, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> Am 20.06.2018 um 13:01 schrieb Thomas Lamprecht:
>> please don't do that, uneccessarily complicated and not good practice
>> to depend an additional vote to itself through indirection...
>> And if you add one in both nodes you win absolute nothing, as the cluster
>> then expects 4 votes, with 3 for quorum. If one node (and it's VM) go
>> down you have 2 votes left, i.e. no quorum...
>>
>> If you have a case where one node will always be up and the second may
>> be shutdown from time to time just give the first "primary" node two
>> votes via editing /etc/pve/corosync.conf [1]. Just increase the
>> 'quorum_votes' for the respective node entry.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Thomas
> Just out of curiosity, does Proxmox support STONITH/node level fencing
> using e.g. PDUs or UPS'?

There's a series from me adding this support, not yet applied.
It planned since start of PVE 4 but we did not get too much request and
poke-ings about it to accelerate the efforts (and as always a lot of other
things where to do), thus it only got code reviewed recently.
Actually we only talked about this today here and it's on my todo list to
finally apply it, *knocks wood*.

cheers,
Thomas