[PVE-User] 2node cluster

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Wed Jun 20 14:40:00 CEST 2018

Am 20.06.2018 um 14:33 schrieb Thomas Lamprecht:
> On 6/20/18 2:22 PM, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
>> Am 20.06.2018 um 13:01 schrieb Thomas Lamprecht:
>>> please don't do that, uneccessarily complicated and not good practice
>>> to depend an additional vote to itself through indirection...
>>> And if you add one in both nodes you win absolute nothing, as the cluster
>>> then expects 4 votes, with 3 for quorum. If one node (and it's VM) go
>>> down you have 2 votes left, i.e. no quorum...
>>>
>>> If you have a case where one node will always be up and the second may
>>> be shutdown from time to time just give the first "primary" node two
>>> votes via editing /etc/pve/corosync.conf [1]. Just increase the
>>> 'quorum_votes' for the respective node entry.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Thomas
>> Just out of curiosity, does Proxmox support STONITH/node level fencing
>> using e.g. PDUs or UPS'?
>>
> There's a series from me adding this support, not yet applied.
> It planned since start of PVE 4 but we did not get too much request and
> poke-ings about it to accelerate the efforts (and as always a lot of other
> things where to do), thus it only got code reviewed recently.
> Actually we only talked about this today here and it's on my todo list to
> finally apply it, *knocks wood*.
>
> cheers,
> Thomas

I might be interested, at least I could help testing. I have a APC
Master Switch AP9210 which is currently unused. I could probably also
test fencing through iLO. I will probably not find much time for that
before my holiday, though, which is in July/August. But let me know if I
can do something.

Bye,
Andreas