[PVE-User] Bluestore : Where is my WAL device ?

rafael.diazmaurin at univ-rennes1.fr rafael.diazmaurin at univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Jun 5 15:49:23 CEST 2018

Hello,

I run proxmox 5.2 with ceph 12.2 (bluestore).

I've created an OSD on a Hard Drive (/dev/sda) and tried to put both WAL
and Journal on a SSD part (/dev/sde1) like this :
pveceph createosd /dev/sda --wal_dev /dev/sde1 --journal_dev /dev/sde1

It automaticaly creates 2 parts on the Hard Drive /dev/sda (the first
one /dev/sda1 called Ceph data and a 2nd one /dev/sda2 called Ceph block).

My problem is when I browse the OSD (/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0/) I can't
find the symlink to the WAL device.
-I see a symlink to the block.db (journal on /dev/sde1 as expected)
-and another symlink to block that points to Hard Drive /dev/sda2
(by-partuuid)
-but no block.wal at all...

Can you explain me how to verify if the WAL device a really on the
/dev/sde1 ?
And if not, how to put the WAL and the journal on the same SSD part.

Many thanks,
Rafael

--
Rafael Diaz Maurin