[PVE-User] Proxmox 3.4 upgrade questions

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Thu Sep 7 21:13:10 CEST 2017

Hello,

We are thinking about upgrading our existing Proxmox 3.4 cluster and I
was hoping to get some insight on a few of our currently open questions:

1)Should we stop at Proxmox 4.4 or does Proxmox 5.0 seem stable enough
for production environments at this time?

2)Is it possible to have 2 separate Proxmox clusters on the same
subnet?  We are trying to decide on an in place upgrade vs setting up a
new cluster and moving things over in a more controlled manor.

If we decided to invest in some new hardware for a new cluster we would
have to run 2 clusters on the same subnet for several weeks while the
migration took place...is this an issue?

3)We are wondering about real world upgrade experiences in terms of
people who decided to do the in place upgrade...how many issues...if any
were raised using the apt-get upgrade method?

If you had to do it again would you still do it the same way?

Thanks in advance for any advice that are willing and able to provide.

Shain

--
NPR | Shain Miley | Manager of Infrastructure, Digital Media | smiley at npr.org | 202.513.3649