[PVE-User] Locking donw a group to a specific node

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Sep 7 14:12:34 CEST 2017

On 09/07/2017 12:54 PM, prashant at stella-telecom.fr wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> I would like to lock a group of users to a specific node (hypervisor) so that they can create their VMs on this node only.
> I have used /node/hyp01 for path with role PVEVMAdmin for that group, but still the group has access to all the other nodes.

Can you try with '/nodes/hyp01' as a permission path?
See: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pveum.html#_objects_and_paths

Oh, and note, the GUI often uses quite coarse grained checks if it should display UI elements.
But, the real checks happen at the backend and are fine grained.

E.g. in you case, the user sees the other nodes and (some) of it gui elements (just buttons,
and such. No summary information, firewall rules, and there like – that comes from the backend).
Maybe that could be improved a bit...

cheers, Thomas