[PVE-User] Bare metal to proxmox on the same box

Alwin Antreich sysadmin-pve at cognitec.com
Tue May 17 11:56:01 CEST 2016

Hi John,

as far as I know, ZFS is not a cluster aware filesystem. You will best use NFS/SMB on proxmox for allowing access from
multiple guests. I assume you have other needed services on your Ubuntu machine, otherwise why virtualize it? As another
option you could attach the raw disks directly to your ubuntu VM, but then no images can be stored on the zfs pool(s)
through proxmox.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Physical_disk_to_kvm

Cheers,
Alwin