[PVE-User] Ceph or Gluster

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:41:21 CEST 2016

On 25/04/2016 5:24 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> So, here you have the reason for your bad write performance with Ceph.
> You have to carefully choose the journal SSDs, otherwise you can be
> better even without SSDs... (yes, I made this very mistake too!)
> What brand/model?

Yah I know :( Intel 530's initially, then Samsung 850 Pro. The 3700's
were out of our budget range for the size of our cluster.

Wasn't to happy with the direction Ceph is taking either, to me the
required hardware and complexity seems to be moving out of  the range of
the small business setup and I'm not happy with the concept of them
moving it bare disk access (Bluestore).

--
Lindsay Mathieson