[PVE-User] Ceph or Gluster

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Apr 25 11:14:16 CEST 2016

El 25/04/16 a las 10:41, Lindsay Mathieson escribió:
> On 25/04/2016 5:24 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
>> So, here you have the reason for your bad write performance with
>> Ceph. You have to carefully choose the journal SSDs, otherwise you
>> can be better even without SSDs... (yes, I made this very mistake too!)
>> What brand/model?
>

> Yah I know :( Intel 530's initially, then Samsung 850 Pro. The 3700's
> were out of our budget range for the size of our cluster.
>
> Wasn't to happy with the direction Ceph is taking either, to me the
> required hardware and complexity seems to be moving out of the range
> of the small business setup and I'm not happy with the concept of them
> moving it bare disk access (Bluestore).

Last Bluestore bare-HDD performance data seems quite good; but Bluestore
needs time to reach production-quality. I think the path is good and
with Proxmox Ceph Server management is very easy... ;)

What hardware requirements are out of the range of SBS?

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico