[PVE-User] VDI on Proxmox anyone?

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Mon Oct 5 14:02:11 CEST 2015

Am 05.10.2015 um 09:44 schrieb Angel Docampo:
> Hi there!
>
> I have set up proxmox as VDI infrastructure for a while and it works
> great. While the experience is quite good on enterprise environments, is
> true that online videos are too expensive in network terms.
>
> What I'm using to connect to the VDIs is x2go TCE
> (http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:tce:install), is based on
> nx and it's jpeg compression or whatever it uses reduces it's bandwidth
> to a level you can connect even through a DSL connection from home.
> Highly recommended to test it out. Online videos, far from perfect, are
> pretty less laggy than on spice.

Very interesting, thanks! I'd like to know how you set up the VDI -
simply as a single-instance installation? Or do you have some kind of
setup with a cloned golden image or the like?

Btw.: Why not use the simple Remote Desktop, which is already integrated
in Windows? Is the latest RDP protocol not already highly optimized,
especially for video and the like?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk