[PVE-User] Problem with RAID 5 in HP Server

Eric Abreu eabreulinux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:13:17 CEST 2015

Hi everyone:

I am a proxmox enthusiastic user and I have installed on my server HP
Proliant ML350p Gen8, everything was working perfect until a lightning
stroke the server and burn the motherboard. I had proxmox on a RAID 5 (4 x
300 GB hard drives). I just have ordered a new server but the new one it
isn´t exactly alike the old one. My questions are:

- The new server has to be the same or if it has the same RAID controller
(HP Smart Array P420i) would be enough.
- The new server has to come with 4 x 300 GB identical hard drives for
setting them to RAID 5 and then replace with the old ones. Do you think it
will work?

Has anyone ever happened through this.

Sorry the off topic but i dont know where else to ask.

Thanks in advance