[PVE-User] Debian 7 guest losing network

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Oct 26 09:58:48 CET 2015

Hi all,

I'm happy to report that this issue seems worked-around, at least. No
problems since this physical server change more than 3 weeks ago, PVE
packages are the same on both nodes (details quoted below).

Some more details:

  * "Good" node: Dell T20 Xeon E3-1225v3 4c, 12GB with additional
Broadcom BCM5720 dual port 1gbit. VM network uses broadcom ethernet
port. There are 2 other VMs on this node (a nagios host and a DC).

* Previous node: Dell T320 Xeon E5-2407 4c, 12 GB  with 4 Broadcom
BCM5720 ethernet ports. It has 2 VMs currently (DC + ERP node, incoming
firewall VM)

* Switch is Allied Telesis AT-GS950/24 (24x1gbit)

There's no bonding involved. VMs are on a small same-node ceph storage,
we have independent network ports for public and private ceph, no
problems noticed with Ceph.

I've seen some strange problems with Windows domain netlogon, that
could  mean network problems with DCs, but those problems if they
happen, are not permanent. But this happened only in one desktop so
maybe it's not server-related.

I'm looking forward to further diagnose this problem, what do you think
could be the reason for losing network in that Debian 7 VM?

Thanks a lot
Eneko

El 02/10/15 a las 09:07, Eneko Lacunza escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I do have some tens too, without problem except this one. I have moved
> the VM to another physical server in the cluster in case there's some
> kind of problem with the physical server or switch port (there are
> another 2 VMs in that original proxmox node, but who knows...).
>
> Evening and night have been good; I'll keep the list up-to-date on
> this issue.
>
> El 02/10/15 a las 08:03, Alexandre DERUMIER escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thi is really strange, I'm running around 1000 debian vms in production,
>>
>> wheezy with 3.16 kernel or jessie with 3.16, and I never had packets
>> drop like this.

>>> pve-kernel-2.6.32-29-pve: 2.6.32-126

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico
Binovo IT Human Project, S.L.