[PVE-User] GlusterFS Questions

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 03:32:20 CEST 2014

I'm playing around with GlusterFS and have a few questions. Have got a test
setup running on a 2 node cluster (using external USB Drives!) that works
surprisingly well :) and I must say it was very easy to setup.

1. I wanted to implement a distributed/replicated file system. Is GlusterFS
the best choice for a 2 node system? Would it be easy to add a third node
later?

2. When launching a VM off Node 1 or Node 2, is it accessing the local hard
disk directly, or does it all go through a network share? Our network is
only 1GB and it would be nice to take some of the load off it.

Should I be asking these question on the forum rather than the list?

Thanks,
--
Lindsay