[PVE-User] GlusterFS Questions

admin-at-extremeshok-dot-com admin at extremeshok.com
Thu Oct 23 04:32:54 CEST 2014

For a 2 node setup, you cant reliably use glusterfs for master-master.

DRDB is designed for a 2node  cluster

If you still want to use glusterfs, Create 2 sets of replicated slaves
with 6 brocks each. Each node has its own master and its slave is
replicated to the other server. This provides a backup. Reads are local,
writes are replicated and non realtime, this allows you to have minmal
network load.

Adding a 3rd node to gluster fs is pretty easy.

Ceph usually works better for VM;s and reducing IO.