[PVE-User] How is the default Proxmox partition layout? I am confused by a 16MB partition now.

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Sep 24 08:31:19 CEST 2013

Hi Bruce,

Disclaimer: I never used vz containers, only VMs, but I think this would
work.

On 23/09/13 22:41, Bruce B wrote:
> Eneko,
>
> I have chosen to not extend the LVM but rather create another one. So
> far, I deleted the partitions on /dev/sdb/ and created two new
> partitions. I also did pvcreate and vgcreate. I can see the second HDD
> now on Proxmox GUI under Storage > Volume Group. But I am afraid to
> install it there as I have not run "lvcreate" yet.

My suggestion is to create a new LV, format it to ext4 with -m 0 flag,
and mount it somewhere (i.e. /srv/storage2)

Then create a new "Directory" storage in Proxmox, you put any name, just
make sure to configure the directory where you have just mounted the new
LV. Also, remember to configure the mountpoint in /etc/fstab so that it
is automatically mounted on node reboot.

Hope this helps.

--
www.binovo.es