[PVE-User] Very slow install of applications in Windows 2008R2 VM on Proxmox - What is the cause?

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Sep 23 17:09:13 CEST 2013

Hi Bruce,

pveperf is quite bad. From my limited experience, a tipical 7200 rpms
SATA drive gives 60 fsync/s and >100 MB/sec buffered reads. Average seek
time is very bad too (~13ms in 7200 rpm drive). If you had VMs running,
please stop them all and rerun the command.

You shouldn't used this for virtualization unless this problem is fixed
(you're already feeling the pain eh??)

What hard disk controller do you have? ('lspci')

www.binovo.es