[PVE-User] Very slow install of applications in Windows 2008R2 VM on Proxmox - What is the cause?

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:07:57 CEST 2013

On 09/23/2013 04:30 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> FSYNCS/SECOND:     9.63

fsyncs/seconds does look very bad to me. On a normal SATA disk I would
expect a significantly higher value. Even more so on a RAID controller.
Here's the output on one of our nodes:
vm007:~# pveperf
CPU BOGOMIPS:      38304.32
REGEX/SECOND:      1126929
HD SIZE:           2.75 GB (/dev/mapper/vm007-vm007--ROOT)
BUFFERED READS:    759.51 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 3.64 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND:     3934.81
DNS EXT:           27.83 ms

I had similar issues a while ago, though not that extreme. I was getting
fsync/s of 160. The resolution for me was to upgrade the kernel to the
latest on in the repository. This one contained a better driver for the
raid controller we are using.

Frederic