[PVE-User] KVM VM on NFS worst performance.

Ola Karlsson olka at bagheera.se
Sun Sep 15 04:25:28 CEST 2013

>From what I've read you either need to run NFS in async mode or add a ZFS write cache (ZIL) to get good NFS performance with ZFS.

BR
Ola

Från: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] För Muhammad Yousuf Khan
Skickat: den 14 september 2013 21:42
Till: Michael Rasmussen
Kopia: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Ämne: Re: [PVE-User] KVM VM on NFS worst performance.

>What is your Omnios setup?
Dell 490 12 GB RAM, Raidz2. 4 different size drives (500GB available storage)

>What is the underlying disk system under your nfs share?
it is ZFS. thats why i am using OmniOS.

>Is atime active on your nfs share?
i am using default settings.

>Is sync active on your nfs share?

if you mean sync by ZFS sync property then yes
i tried both zfs properties sync=standard and sync=disabled both give same result.

>Is your nfs share nfsv3 or nfsv4?
i am using OmniOS  with Napp-it. i think default version is NFS4
but my part of confusion is why rsync, scp and other protocol from console works fine like they are Giving me 50MBPS. even virtualbox VM is doing good but on the other hand things are not working with Proxmox.
Thanks,

Myk