[PVE-User] KVM VM on NFS worst performance.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 21:42:14 CEST 2013

>What is your Omnios setup?

Dell 490 12 GB RAM, Raidz2. 4 different size drives (500GB available
storage)

>What is the underlying disk system under your nfs share?

it is ZFS. thats why i am using OmniOS.

>Is atime active on your nfs share?

i am using default settings.

>Is sync active on your nfs share?

if you mean sync by ZFS sync property then yes

i tried both zfs properties sync=standard and sync=disabled both give same
result.

>Is your nfs share nfsv3 or nfsv4?

i am using OmniOS  with Napp-it. i think default version is NFS4

but my part of confusion is why rsync, scp and other protocol from console
works fine like they are Giving me 50MBPS. even virtualbox VM is doing good
but on the other hand things are not working with Proxmox.

Thanks,

Myk