[PVE-User] Moving from XenServer to Proxmox... slowly

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Thu Oct 24 15:10:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

We've pretty much made the decision to move from Citrix XenServer to KVM (Proxmox) for our Virtual solution.  Unfortunately, I don't have all the computers available to me at the start, since migration will use the existing XenServer computers.

To start, I'll have two servers, using a single iSCSI, in an HA cluster.  Once they are running and some of the virtual machines are migrated, I can add a third server.  Finally, I can add the fourth server.

Is there anything I need to look out for when creating the 2 server HA cluster and then converting it to a 3 and 4 node cluster?
Has anyone done this, and created a HOWTO I can follow?

Thanks,
Gerald

ps: Been using Citrix XenServer since Jan 2009.  We've had enough issues with VM disk corruption to haunt me for year (using LVMoveriSCSI).  It's a bloody house of cards.