[PVE-User] efficient backup of VM on external storage.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 12:21:22 CEST 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Fabrizio Cuseo <f.cuseo at panservice.it>wrote:

> Hello Muhammad.
> I am using Proxmox since one year with Ceph storage cluster; depending on
> the performances you have on your external storage, ceph could be little
> slower, but you have "embedded" real-time replica and linear scalability,
> so you can consider using it.
> Don't worry for setup... is really simple !

1. would you please share your hardware specs of Ceph storage cluster and
PVE Box and the connectivity of all boxes.

2. do you relay upon only replication. dont you take the backup of VM? if
yes then again would you please throw some light on your strategy in
reference to my question in first message.

3. Any recommended how to for ceph and PVE.

4. is your setup Ceph cluster is like DRBD active/passive with heart beat.
if one down second will auto up. with a second or 2 downtime?

Sorry for involving DRBD all the time since i have only worked on DRBD
clustering, only concept of mine in clustering starts and ends on
DRBD+heartbeat :) and as you also know that DRBD work little differently
and have some limitations too. so please dont mind.

Thanks,