[PVE-User] error in nfs mount

rob rob at fantinibakery.com
Thu Feb 21 04:04:17 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 10:55 AM, Fábio Rabelo wrote:
> Today my system starts to be unresponsive ... and then all VMs gone to
> "unknown state" .
>
> After some digging, all nfs mounts shows any content, but no errors in
> log ?!?
>
> Then, I rebooted one node to find out if things came to live again ...
>
> Second problem, the system do not reboot !!
>
> After send the command via web interface, the system returns msg of
> stopping all VMs and containers, and stay there like forever !!!
>
> After 20 minutes waiting, I decide to try a reboot via ssh, again,
> receives msg like the system is shutdown, stays like that forever agian !
>
> After another 20 minutes, I try to connect viaq ssh, connection works
> and the "uptime" command returns 14 days uptime !!!
>
> Then I presses reset button, after systems comes on line, the storage
> do not connects, with this msg in log :
>
> WARNING: mount error: mount.nfs: Unknown error 32768
>

> Google returnsnothing referring to this error ...
>

> I  am lost here... don't know where to go ...
>
> Any Ideas ?!?!?
>

> Fábio Rabelo

Excuse the late reply.   Maybe you or someone can try this next time:

If you can't restart the node then check for a stuck rgmanager
process.   It can get to an un-killable state.

so do
ps afx

222025 ?        Ss     0:00 /bin/sh /etc/init.d/rc 6
  222028 ?        S      0:00  \_ startpar -p 4 -t 20 -T 3 -M stop -P 2 -R 6
  222044 ?        S      0:00      \_ /bin/bash /etc/init.d/rgmanager stop
  225986 ?        S      0:00          \_ sleep 1

  rgmanager  is in an un killable state.

  kill -9 on the  running rgmanager process did not work.

  so kill the /etc/init.d/rgmanager stop process .
in the above you'd
kill -9 222044

here that allowed the machine to procede with a reboot.