[PVE-User] add wifi network interface in proxmox

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Mar 5 09:50:06 CET 2012

see http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/8602-add-wifi-network-interface-in-proxmox

From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Lara S.
Sent: Montag, 05. März 2012 09:27
To: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Subject: [PVE-User] add wifi network interface in proxmox

Hi for all!

first I want introduce me.

I install Proxmox last week and I am a beginner[http://forum.proxmox.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif]

On my server I have installed a PCI ethernet, which Proxmox has detected automatically.
Then I added a usb wifi card, I installed the drivers necessary for it to work.
I got up wlan0 interface and scan wireless networks, but can not see the wifi card in my environment and do not know how to add it.

I have changed wlan0 to eth1 in the file "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules"  but when I restart the computer to apply the changes are not applied, and I get thewireless interfaces as wlan0.

other question is,how I can configure my wifi card to get internet and my ethernet card for my LAN?

a greeting

thank you very much