[PVE-User] Some questions about PVE 2.0

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Jan 3 11:08:13 CET 2012

> You didn't answer about 2 nodes clusters, is that possible with PVE ?

yes (see 'man cman'  - 'two_node=1'). But you do not need any
special settings if you do not configure HA.

> Also about corosync, I have Dell Hardware with iDRAC, is it possible to use the
> iDRAC (or just ipmi) as fencing device ? I've seen that only APC PDUs are
> currently supported, so is that hard work to add new fencing devices ?

# man fence_drac
# man fence_ipmilan

> > - Is there any work on getting glusterfs for PVE ? (bricks and volumes
> > management in the web interface)
>
> No (glusterfs is so easy to configure anyways).
>
> > - Is it possible to create virtual machines through the PVE API or CLI
>
> sure
>
> # man qm
> # man pvectl
>
> also see:  http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API
> The API allows virtual machines creation ? (I don't see it in the doc
>http://pve.proxmox.com/pve2-api-doc/)
>
> I am having troubles with PVE 2.0 installation :
> Installation process from ISO fails at grub installation, so I started in debug mode
> and at the end, mounted the boot partition (+ /proc and /dev) on /target then
> chroot to /target and update-grub + grub-install. That allowed me to boot into
> proxmox. Where should I report that problem ?

What error do you get exactly?

> Then, I tried to access to http://myserver:8006 but no daemon listens on port
> 8006. Which one should ? Apache ?

apache

> Apache is not running because of a missing file in /etc/pve/local/... but there is
> nothing in /etc/pve, after some research, it appears that it should be the mount
> point for pmxcfs, how can I mount it ?

# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster start

> For info, when I try to do an aptitude upgrade (in case iso build wasn't up to
> date), I get the following error (doesn't sound good ;-)) :
>
> root at infrahv2:/etc# LANG=C aptitude upgrade
>   vzctl
> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>   clvm fence-agents-pve libpve-access-control libpve-storage-perl proxmox-ve-
> 2.6.32 pve-cluster pve-manager qemu-server redhat-cluster-pve
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0 B/234 kB of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] Y
> Reading changelogs... Done
> (Reading database ... 27451 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace vzctl 3.0.29-3pve3 (using .../vzctl_3.0.29-
> 3pve8_amd64.deb) ...
> unable to backup existing configuration

please remove '/etc/vz/conf.org' and try again (I assume there are no existing containers?)

-Dietmar