[PVE-User] Some questions about PVE 2.0

Julien Garet julien.garet at inria.fr
Tue Jan 3 10:11:55 CET 2012

Thanks for your answers, a few more questions in the text You didn't answer about 2 nodes clusters, is that possible with PVE ? > De: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com>
Ok, so I can change corosync's default configuration without having to fear that the next update will break everything ? Also about corosync, I have Dell Hardware with iDRAC, is it possible to use the iDRAC (or just ipmi) as fencing device ? I've seen that only APC PDUs are currently supported, so is that hard work to add new fencing devices ? > > - Is there any work on getting glusterfs for PVE ? (bricks and
The API allows virtual machines creation ? (I don't see it in the doc : http://pve.proxmox.com/pve2-api-doc/) I am having troubles with PVE 2.0 installation : Installation process from ISO fails at grub installation, so I started in debug mode and at the end, mounted the boot partition (+ /proc and /dev) on /target then chroot to /target and update-grub + grub-install. That allowed me to boot into proxmox. Where should I report that problem ? Then, I tried to access to http://myserver:8006 but no daemon listens on port 8006. Which one should ? Apache ? Apache is not running because of a missing file in /etc/pve/local/... but there is nothing in /etc/pve, after some research, it appears that it should be the mount point for pmxcfs, how can I mount it ? For info, when I try to do an aptitude upgrade (in case iso build wasn't up to date), I get the following error (doesn't sound good ;-)) : root at infrahv2:/etc# LANG=C aptitude upgrade The following packages will be upgraded: vzctl The following partially installed packages will be configured: clvm fence-agents-pve libpve-access-control libpve-storage-perl proxmox-ve-2.6.32 pve-cluster pve-manager qemu-server redhat-cluster-pve 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/234 kB of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] Y Reading changelogs... Done (Reading database ... 27451 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to replace vzctl 3.0.29-3pve3 (using .../vzctl_3.0.29-3pve8_amd64.deb) ... unable to backup existing configuration dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/vzctl_3.0.29-3pve8_amd64.deb (--unpack): subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1 configured to not write apport reports Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/vzctl_3.0.29-3pve8_amd64.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) A package failed to install. Trying to recover: Setting up pve-cluster (1.0-17) ... invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart. pve configuration filesystem not mounted dpkg: error processing pve-cluster (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pve-manager: pve-manager depends on pve-cluster; however: Package pve-cluster is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing pve-manager (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of proxmox-ve-2.6.32: proxmox-ve-2.6.32 depends on pve-manager; however: Package pve-manager is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing proxmox-ve-2.6.32 (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libpve-access-control: libpve-access-control depends on pve-cluster; however: Package pve-cluster is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing libpve-access-control (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of qemu-server: qemu-server depends on pve-cluster; however: Package pve-cluster is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing qemu-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of redhat-cluster-pve: redhat-cluster-pve depends on pve-cluster; however: Package pve-cluster is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing redhat-cluster-pve (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of fence-agents-pve: fence-agents-pve depends on redhat-cluster-pve; however: Package redhat-cluster-pve is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing fence-agents-pve (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clvm: clvm depends on redhat-cluster-pve; however: Package redhat-cluster-pve is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing clvm (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libpve-storage-perl: libpve-storage-perl depends on clvm; however: Package clvm is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing libpve-storage-perl (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: pve-cluster pve-manager proxmox-ve-2.6.32 libpve-access-control qemu-server redhat-cluster-pve fence-agents-pve clvm libpve-storage-perl