[PVE-User] Some questions about PVE 2.0

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Jan 3 15:32:37 CET 2012

> What about libvirt ? I've seen it is not used in PVE, but can it be used ? Will PVE
> auto discover libvirt created vms ?

No, we do not use libvirt.

> > I am having troubles with PVE 2.0 installation :
> > Installation process from ISO fails at grub installation, so I started
> > in debug mode and at the end, mounted the boot partition (+ /proc and
> > /dev) on /target then chroot to /target and update-grub +
> > grub-install. That allowed me to boot into proxmox. Where should I report
> that problem ?
>
> What error do you get exactly?
> from boostrap.log (complete file is attached):
> Setting up grub-pc (1.98+20100804-14+squeeze1) ...
>
> Creating config file /etc/default/grub with new version
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?).
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot (is /dev mounted?).
> grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot/grub (is /dev mounted?).

You verified the MD5 sum of the installation CD?

Please try if that error is reproducible?

> Everything depends directly or not from pve-cluster and pve-cluster has an error
> : (probably linked to the other problem)

You installation seem totally broken - please try to install again.

If you can't get the installer to work, try:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Squeeze

- Dietmar