[PVE-User] Openfiler iscsi problem

Yılmaz Bilgili liste at yilmazbilgili.com
Sat Mar 26 10:50:03 CET 2011

26-03-2011 11:18 tarihinde, Alain Péan yazdı:
>> Here is the test:
>>
>> # iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 10.10.10.4
>> 192.168.18.11:3260,1 iqn.2006-01.com.openfiler:tsn.9c7dd34c864f
>> 10.10.10.4:3260,1 iqn.2006-01.com.openfiler:tsn.9c7dd34c864f
>>
>> I have two networks and openfiler connected to both. May it cause this
>> problem ?
>

> I don't know exactly, but it seems strange to me. Do you need the two
> IP addresses ? Can you try with only one ?
>
> Also it is recommended to have your iSCSI storage on a separate
> network from other traffic. Is it your case ? And finnally, it is best
> to use jumbo frames, that is MTU=9000, but on both ends, on each
> interfaces.
>
> On my servers, I have at least two network interfaces, and I use the
> second one (eth1) for iSCSI traffic, with MTU=9000, and a different
> switch (or Vlan)...

Hi again,

I found the problem. Openfiler was connected two networks but iscsi
connections allowed only one of them. When I set both interfaces as
allowed, it worked.

My main iscsi storage is in a saperate network and connected with only
servers like you mentioned above. But this machine is backup purposes
only and connected to both servers and public network.

Meanwhile I decided to use NFS for VM backups and removed iscsi
connections from servers.

Thanks and regards.