[PVE-User] Spam:********, Re: QOS on Proxmox bridge

Tony Zakula tony at zakula.com
Thu Mar 17 01:19:21 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Lars Wilke <l.wilke at it-betrieb.de> wrote:
> * Tony Zakula wrote:
>> That is pretty cool.  I haven't looked at shorewall in years.  Have
>> you done any QOS limiting to make sure each VM is getting equal
>> bandwidth?
>
> Nope, was not necessary yet. But i do use the burst limits.
> So in a sense i enforce an upper limit of packets per second.
>
> On one customer site i implemented QoS but on an extra gateway running
> pfSense. At the moment i am more interested in limiting and guaranteeing
> IO Bandwidth and CPU time via CGroups. I still have problems doing backups
> on an Intel Modular Server. What would also be interesting is playing
> with Open vSwitch :)

Yes, I have looked at Open vSwitch, but haven't had time to try it
out.  I wonder however if it would just complicate things too much.  I
was thinking about trying pmacct on proxmox for bandwidth accounting
of VMs..  It has database stuff built in.  Never heard of CGroups.  I
will have to check that out.

Tony Z