[PVE-User] Exclude server-status rewrite

Christof Bruyland christof.bruyland at telenet.be
Wed Mar 9 09:16:21 CET 2011

I would like to enable monitoring for the proxmox Apache server. For my other apache servers I'm using the Apache status module.
When I go to http://<PROXMOX IP>/server-status, I get redirected to HTTPS and I have to login into Proxmox to see the information.

I've modified the pve.conf file to:

[...]
<VirtualHost *:80>
#RewriteLog "/root/rewrite.log"
#RewriteLogLevel 10
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
RewriteRule .* - [F]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/server-status
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/nrd/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/images/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/css/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/javascript/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/vncterm/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/.*\.js$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/login.pl$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [L,R]
</VirtualHost>

Now I no longer get redirected to HTTPS for the /server-status URL, but still need to login. How can I disable the login for the /server-status URL?

Christof