[PVE-User] Problems with Windows Server 2008 machines on Proxmox 1.7

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Wed Mar 2 13:31:52 CET 2011

Hi Erik,

I have several windows 2008 server (and R2) running fine under Proxmox
1.7. But I had problems with e1000 drivres until I upgraded them with
Intel drivers found on their site. There are several thread on this
subject on the forum.

Can you post your VM configuration file under /etc/qemu-server ?

Alain

Le 02/03/2011 12:14, Erik van Ast a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> We have installed 2 Windows Server 2008 machines on our Proxmox 1.7
> machine, but we have problems with both machines.
> It doesn't matter what we do, but the machines seem to freeze from time
> to time. The installation of each machine for example took as an entire
> day and especially when using the hard disk (installing, unpacking ZIP
> files, etc) the servers seem to freeze... We have given the servers 2
> and 3 GB of RAM (Proxmox has 8 GB RAM total) and 1 CPU. Both machines
> are installed with a IDE drive (raw) of 80GB and 1 RTL8139 Ethernet
> device.
> Does anyone know what might be wrong?
>
> Our Proxmox server has the following versions :
>
> pve-manager: 1.7-11
> running kernel: 2.6.32-4-pve
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.7-30
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-30
> pve-kernel-2.6.18-2-pve: 2.6.18-5
> qemu-server: 1.1-28
> pve-firmware: 1.0-10
> libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-16
> vncterm: 0.9-2
> vzctl: 3.0.24-1pve4
> vzdump: 1.2-10
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
> vzquota: 3.0.11-1
> pve-qemu-kvm: 0.13.0-3
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-4
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erik van Ast

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33