[PVE-User] Problems with Windows Server 2008 machines on Proxmox 1.7

Erik van Ast Erik.van.Ast at suzohapp.nl
Wed Mar 2 12:14:01 CET 2011

Hi all,

We have installed 2 Windows Server 2008 machines on our Proxmox 1.7
machine, but we have problems with both machines.
It doesn't matter what we do, but the machines seem to freeze from time
to time. The installation of each machine for example took as an entire
day and especially when using the hard disk (installing, unpacking ZIP
files, etc) the servers seem to freeze... We have given the servers 2
and 3 GB of RAM (Proxmox has 8 GB RAM total) and 1 CPU. Both machines
are installed with a IDE drive (raw) of 80GB and 1 RTL8139 Ethernet
device.
Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Our Proxmox server has the following versions :

pve-manager: 1.7-11
running kernel: 2.6.32-4-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.7-30
pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-30