[PVE-User] Error when creating a cluster

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Dec 24 10:23:40 CET 2011

> I reinstalled Debian and PVE 2.0 all over again, then I've got a 2 nodes cluster...
> But there is something wrong...?
>
> $ pvecm nodes
> Node  Sts   Inc   Joined               Name
>   1   M      8   2011-12-23 17:27:39  prim
>   2   M      4   2011-12-23 17:27:39  seco
>
> 2 master nodes?

That looks perfect - both nodes are Menbers.

There is no more Master/Slave concept in 2.0 - all nodes can do everything.

Note: M ===> MEMBER

So why do you think you have a problem?

> 1. after installing proxmox-ve-2.6.32, I enter 'sudo pvecm create xxx' on prim.
>   there is no problem except cluster.rng.
> 2. I entered 'sudo pvecm add prim' on seco, but pvecm reported 'unable to copy
> ssh ID'.

Please try to find out why a simple ssh-copy-id fails.

But I am confused now - the above output shows that you already
successfully added the node to the cluster??

- Dietmar