[PVE-User] Anyone using High Availability in Proxmox + Asterisk?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:58:05 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

We have been successful running multiple instances of Asterisk in OpenVZ
and it's been running solid. However, I am wondering if there is any value
in taking advantage of the Proxmox High Availability or Cluster (Which I
don't have experience with at all).

- So, my question is if it's worth the hassle or simply do nightly vzdump
of container?
- Also, how does the high availability work? Can I have a call hand-off to
the other container without cutting a call?

I think it would be great if I get a brief of over-view of HA capabilities
in the context of Asterisk (if it applies at all).

Thanks,