[PVE-User] Next version (Was:Re: Windows 2003 hangs when rebooting)

Mark Maas mark at maas-martin.nl
Tue Mar 17 14:35:39 CET 2009

----- "Martin Maurer" <martin at proxmox.com> wrote:
> >----- "Andrew Niemantsverdriet" <andrew at rocky.edu> wrote:
> >> When is the next version due out?
> >
> >I'm sorry to butt in like this. but a lot of people are asking about when the next version will come out. The answer so far has always been: "we are working on it."
> >As we know people are doing this in there spare time, so we just have to wait and see. If Debian can take 5 years between releases, Proxmox VE can certainly take two ;-)
> >
> >At the same time though, a bit more info from the people "in the know", would be nice. Are we talking months?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Mark
>
> We cannot publish a release date for the final 2.0 due to many reasons – one important is software quality. I see no benefit in announcing everything in the news - this does not improve development speed or stability.

Agreed.

> But if you read through the forums, you will see that the move to Lenny is scheduled for 4/2009. And you will read why we do not released KVM-84.
> We will go step by step to new versions of our packages and there will be a lot in the current year.

I did and I saw this info.

> If you followed the project, there were many small fixes the last months, so just take them with apt-get.

apt-get update; apt-get upgrade is a command that is almost automatic for me.

> KVM-Releases:
> As we do not know when KVM releases 85 (I assume quite soon but ask the KVM team for this) and how stable it is on our platform so I cannot go for a fixed date. We will test it as every release and if it’s a step forward we will include it in Proxmox VE.

Perfect.

My email was not to ask "when is it done". But more an enquiry into where you stand currently. What are you guy's working on behind the scenes etc.

Not because I'm impatient, (Or at least trying hard not to show it) but simply curious. Perhaps someone could test some stuff for you. Or donate money for more hardware, lik I did.

Thanks for a wonderfull product,
Mark