[PVE-User] 0.9beta2 minor problems

Csillag Tamas cstamas at digitus.itk.ppke.hu
Wed Jul 23 14:08:11 CEST 2008

Dear István,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:02:27AM +0200, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> Hi Tamás,
>
> Some thoughts about your experiences, using the mainstream of debian.
>
> I think, the basic concept is, if somebody would like to use PVE, one
> should use the PVE install media instead of debian (etch or whatever, I
> do not know).

Well I think it is not mandatory. See the roadmap:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap

AFAIK the only way to use custom partitioning RAID, LVM...etc is with
debian installer.

The is a nice thing about PVE they do not reinvent the wheel they
just add a few well made packages. (One line in the sources.list)

> Normally (and recommended) to do not use any other application on the
> PVE server than the provided services.
> Any other things must run inside containers/kvm.

I agree.

> This is also recommended for openvz itself, even I use my desktop to
> play around with openvz, but this is only for testing and not for
> production.
>
> I recommend to use the PVE install media or make your own workaround
> documents for problems you described.
>
> Anyway, as I can see, you already solved all the "problems", right? :)

This was some kind of bug report.

> PS: Ha gondolod, konzultálhatunk magyarul is :)
Köszönöm!
Thanks.

Regards,
  cstamas