[PVE-User] Iptables under CentOS virtual machine

Lorenzo Quatrini lorenzo at gmk.it
Wed Aug 27 18:30:38 CEST 2008

Lorenzo Quatrini ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> in the process of testing Proxmox VE with CentOS virtual machines I'm having
> troubles setting up iptables and selinux.
>
> If I use "system-config-securitylevel" on saving I get this message:
>
> setenforce: SELinux is disabled
>
> then if I check iptables with "iptables -L" I only see the three default
> accept-all rules.
>
> If I do a "service iptables restart" there always is an error on the line
> containing the "COMMIT" command by iptables-restore.
>
> I tried googling a bit, but I didn't found nothing appropriate.
>
> Is this a known issue? Can be somehow resolved?
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
>
> Lorenzo Quatrini

Hi,
after further searching I discovered that taking out from the config file the
lines with "-m state" solved the problem; so I did a google search and I found
this:

http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1912

How can I check if it is the same problem? Is there a workaround?

--
Regards
Lorenzo Quatrini