[PVE-User] Proxmox VE Networking issues

Shain Miley smiley at npr.org
Thu Aug 14 18:06:32 CEST 2008

Well what I am trying to do is assign my windows 2003 Guest (KVM) a real
routable ip address...whenever I do so I am unable to access any
machines on any network (besides 127.0.0.1).  When I use a dhcp server
to assign the ip address (and it gets an internal ip) I can of course
access machines outside the network..but I am unable to access the guest
OS from another machine outside the network (remote desktop for example).

So there is a misconfiguration somewhere...it works fine on the openVZ
VE's just not on the KVM side.

cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
address 174.x.x.83
network 174.x.x.0
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 174.x.x.255
gateway 174.x.x.254
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_fd 9
bridge_hello 2
bridge_maxage 12
bridge_stp off

Thanks,

Shain

--
Shain Miley | Level IV Unix System Administrator | NPR Digital Media | 202-513-3649