[pve-devel] [RFC pve-kernel-meta 0/5] unify boot-mode config

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Feb 2 10:03:05 CET 2022

On 01.02.22 23:03, Stoiko Ivanov wrote:
> patch 3 drops systemd-boot and uses grub for both boot-modes, hopefully
> unifying the boot-experience and causing less confusion (currently I suggest
> to look at the screen while booting to find out which boot-loader is used)
>
> (Sadly systemd-boot (which I would prefer, justifiably)
> won't get support for legacy boot)

The thing is, non-uefi systems will become more rare anyhow, so why
bother with that? The simplicity of systemd-boot is worth the few (?)
confusion - I mean what exactly is there confusing anyway, if most relevant
actions can be handled through our tool anyway?

I'm not definitive yet, but currently rather tending to NACK that.