[pve-devel] Add new contanier : CLC (Calculate Linux Container)

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Feb 8 09:19:58 CET 2019

Hi!

Am 2/7/19 um 6:27 PM schrieb email at linuxtricks.fr:> Hi teamProxmox,

> I am a contributor and translator for the Calculate Linux Distro.
>
> Calculate
>  Linux is a rolling Release, based on Gentoo which have binary by
> default. It is 100% compatible with Gentoo. It have some tools to
> administrate easily the distro.
>
> We have a version of our distro which can be downloaded as container.
>
> Add manually the container into Proxmox is not supported because unknown distro.
>
> Can you add officially the support of Calculate Linux as container ?

How does a Calculate Linux CT/rootfs image identifies itself?
Because if you say that you're 100% compatible with gentoo allowing Calculate
Linux CTs would be relatively easy. One just needs to add a mapping from the
calculate linux identifier to the gentoo setup plugin[0].

Currently we support two ways of identifying a CT distro, either through the
os-release[1] standards ID variable (from /etc/os-release) or through a other
version or release file in etc, e.g., /etc/devuan_version to match Devuan,
which then maps to Debian.

As your linked rootfs image provides an os-release file with `ID=calculate` one
probably just would need to add:
'calculate' => 'PVE::LXC::Setup::Gentoo',

to the plugins hash[0] and be done about it. I currently to not have time to
test if then everything works correctly, so while a simple change I do not want
to just hack it in without ever testing it... IF you want do test and contribute
it please take a look at our Developer Documentation[2] wiki page for what'd be
needed to contribute it so that we can accept it, else you may wait for someone
else to step up, or me coming back from vacation ;-)

cheers,
Thomas

[0]: https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-container.git;a=blob;f=src/PVE/LXC/Setup.pm;h=90bbb859cfe5c65123c3baa7917e319d583b1794;hb=HEAD#l18
[1]: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/os-release.html