[pve-devel] HTTP API : Cloudinit

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Thu Mar 22 09:56:35 CET 2018

On 03/22/2018 09:38 AM, Mariusz Miodowski wrote:
> I am not sure if my last answer was clear enough. By custom cloud init
> script I am referring to cloud-config files:
> http://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/examples.html

ok so you want to have a completely custom cloudinit config?
since it would blow up our config file size if someone has a big
cloudinit config, i would rather avoid that (e.g. with every snapshot,
the whole thing has to be duplicated)

i guess in that case it would be easier to have your own cloudinit
metadata server and generate it yourself, or do those things
with a configuration management tools like ansible/puppet/chef etc.

or do you have an idea how to implement that ?