[pve-devel] HTTP API : Cloudinit

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Mar 22 17:57:41 CET 2018

Hi,

I also wonder if it could be great to allow user to add custom cloudinit config,
if something is not yet in proxmox gui.(deploy ssh keys, format disk, growfs, do the mount,... )

I'm using puppet, so I don't need it, but maybe  user without conf deployment software could use it.

>>since it would blow up our config file size if someone has a big
>>cloudinit config, i would rather avoid that (e.g. with every snapshot,
>>the whole thing has to be duplicated)

We already able to send a lot of text in "notes" gui.
maybe something resonable, like 4k of custom cloudinit config should be enough, and should not explode pmxcfs.