[pve-devel] HTTP API : Cloudinit

Mariusz Miodowski mariusz at modulesgarden.com
Thu Mar 22 09:38:29 CET 2018

I am not sure if my last answer was clear enough. By custom cloud init
script I am referring to cloud-config files:
http://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/examples.html

I am sorry for any misunderstanding.

Regards
Mariusz Miodowski
ModulesGarden Development Team Manager

W dniu 21.03.2018 o 12:37, Dominik Csapak pisze:
> On 03/21/2018 11:02 AM, Mariusz Miodowski wrote:
>> I mean custom cloud init script.
>>
>> For example I want to inject code which downloads something using wget.
>
> i don't think adding a custom script to vm config is a good idea,
> there would have to be a different approach, as to prevent to include
> arbitrary files into the config without requiring root for everything
> (e.g. having a predefined place per storage for this, but this is
> again non-trivial)
>
> an alternative approach would be to include the script in the
> template, no? or what exactly do you want to execute inside the vm,
> where it cannot be in the template?
>
> or as you already configure the vm with network, you can leverage ssh
> and use ansible for example (or plain ssh to download/upload a script)
Of course you are right however I am trying to made installation process
as simple as possible. If I use ssh, first I need to connect to master
server which returns information about what software needs to be
installed at first boot.
But when I use cloud-config I can just inject required scripts/commands.