[pve-devel] help with ExtJS4

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 30 06:02:18 CEST 2011

> Thanks for your assistance.  I am making progress in learning the code with your
> help.  Can you explain a little about how the PVE.Utils.API2Request function
> works and how the url attribute is used to execute the proper commands.

A great way to explore and test the API is the 'pvesh' command. for example:

# pvesh

entering PVE shell - type 'help' for help
pve:/> ls
Dr--- access
Dr--- cluster
Dr--- nodes
Dr-c- storage
pve:/> cd access
pve:/access> ls
-rw-- acl
Dr-c- domains
Dr-c- groups
Dr-c- roles
---c- ticket
Dr-c- users
pve:/access> cd users
pve:/access/users> ls
-rw-d alex at pve
-rw-d carol at pve
-rw-d root at pam
pve:/access/users> help
help [path] [--verbose]
cd [path]
ls [path]

create /access/users -userid <string> [OPTIONS]
set /access/users/{userid}  [OPTIONS]
get /access/users/{userid}
delete /access/users/{userid}

So the correct url is:

                 url: '/access/users/' + userid,

NOTE: create = POST, set = PUT, get = GET, delete =DELETE

Does that help?