[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 2.0 beta 4 i18n patch

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sun Dec 4 12:32:00 CET 2011

> I wanted to avoid duplication of the work so please never mind.
> I have just finished it. Please get the patch file below:

Hi Koichi,

I really appreciate you work, but should follow the instructions at:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation

It starts with "Please coordinate your efforts with us...".
Note: If you want to coordinate work and avoid duplication you should wait
until you get a reply to your mails.

We also need a 'contributor license agreement' if you want that we include your contribution.

There is currently a problem translating strings inside the perl library. We do not
want logged messages to be translated, because that would make maintenance quite
impossible.

I know, it is no problem for Japanese people to read the iso charset, but it is
really impossible for European people to read Kanji, Kana, ...

So we first need to develop a framework which allows us to:

- always log in English
- but translate strings returned to the web client.

What do you think? Any better idea?

- Dietmar