[pve-devel] virtiodisk ordering bug in current implementation + proposal for new qemu device syntax

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Aug 29 15:11:05 CEST 2011

> I just propose a branch to not break your work on trunk.

You can't break my work, because you do not have write access ;-)

You can simple make a local branch (that is what git is for).

> Would you like I commit directly ? or did you want i send you patchs and you
> make the commits ?

OK, let me summarize how it is supposed to work:

1.) make a local git branch to work on
2.) commit your changes to that local branch
3.) rebase your local branch if something changes on master
4.) send a patch using 'git format-patch'
5.) send the patch to the devel list using 'git send-email'

I will then include it using 'git am' (or reject if something is missing).

We need to test and document that workflow. Just tell
me if you need help - I have a good book about git here ;-)

- Dietmar