[pbs-devel] Possible problem on NFS storage with release 2-3-3 (??)

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Mar 14 09:20:14 CET 2023

Hi,

Am 09/03/2023 um 13:38 schrieb dea:
> Downgrade via dpkg from 2.3-3 to 2.3-2 (and change kernel to 6.1) and works very fast, as usually.

what packages where in the "bad" update set? Can you please check /var/log/apt/history.log ?

> I don't know if the problem is in the kernel or in the 2.3-3 package, but this way it works as it should.

Hmm, we moved proxmox-backup-server version 2.3.3-1 to no-subscription over a month
ago (2023-02-10) and had not seen any wide-spreading reports of general problems
introduced by that version.

So if a new kernel was pulled in too it could be indeed related to that.
The used Hardware (CPU, NIC, ...) would be good to know too, maybe it's a regression
specific to some component of your system.

> The system is in production, so I can't do too many tests and reboots...
>
> I was exasperated by the slowness, so I made two changes at once (I know that diagnostically it's the worst solution, but not having time or a way to give too much disruption I couldn't do one test at a time).

It'd be really great if you could find some time to test 2.3.3-1 again while keeping
the newer 6.1 kernel booted. Downgrading that back again shouldn't require that much
time (at least less than switching kernel), and would help to tell if PBS itself can
be excluded from the regression hunt.

 - thomas